Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My August

Sweet August bliss in the early morning filled with scents of unfamiliar comfort;
Days pass on with vanilla notes in a warm summer heat

My resolve is a mass of pulsing wants, needs, and action
Of things to do, obligations to address,

I am tired.
Of things to do, obligations to address.

I could say I want more, and i do,
But right now, I feel the reluctance to put myself out
In the blue seas of openness- take a chance, offer, neglect, regret a pulsing possibility I don't want to feel

The cool wind of September is starting to pick up in the horizon,
And what that brings I do not know.
But for now I sit still in the sunlight,
Closing my eyes, listening to the music buzzing in the background,
My cold glass of condensing ice water waiting for my lips to sip
Of peace, of solace, of sadness. And openness without expectation; desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment