Whoa, dodged a bullet this week and I am brand spanking proud of myself, I have to say. Its not just because I am handling being jilted by someone I just started talking to online, but because I was 100% RELIEVED. Clearly, this person was not the one for me, but how to handle it without hurting feelings? I am a newbie at this, and really had no idea how to cut loose. I mean, in the past, I was always the one who hung on even after it was clear that it was time to go. Granted, nothing was invested in this dialogue yet, and this person, while legit, was definitely heading into the slightly creepy category of men.
But I am proud because I am realizing that there are things I want in a partner, and it starts with respect, kindness, and caring. I want to give everything to that right guy, but I also want to receive...eventually and all in equilibrium. Even as he started to get pissed that I was not behaving hurt (?), or tried to talk him out of it, my self esteem felt oddly intact. I was jazzed, in fact, to be out of that potential mess.
Still looking, waiting, smiling, laughing, working out in deep sweaty thunder (which takes so much of the frustration away)... It's interesting....
No comments:
Post a Comment