Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Being strong enough to look at my fear

I have a face that is moonfaced.  I always have, and now with the slightly overweight physique, it feels heavier.  Not who I like to look at, or I necessarily identify with.  But it is not a horrible face. Nor an unpleasant one.  I look at my eyes, and I see humor and intelligence.  Kindness.  It is what I do feel in my heart.  But then my eyes migrate down, and I see my pouch, the slightly overhanging one over my jeans.  My upper arms are heavy too, but also strong so they have a masculine feel, not very feminine.

Inside, I know I am a good and beautiful person. And it takes me by surprise, sometimes, when I see a photo of myself, because I dont feel as how I look.  Older, more heavy.  Does that sound as contrived or stereotyped? Yes, it does.  But I know I am not physically ugly, just not a ten.

And when I look at men I find attractive, I think they won't find me the same. And that stinks.  The men who might find me attractive, are those who dont take care of their own appearance- and I feel I  do, so what is the disconnect?  Time for more honest appraisal of how I am living my life perhaps.  Fair is fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment