Sunday, May 6, 2018

05.04.2018



Dear Mom
It is almost Mothers Day.  Fifteen years and ten days ago, you died.  I felt your breathing slow to a stop. I felt your pulse pace until it slowly went away too. I spoke to you in my mind, telling you it was okay to go.

Your suffering had been great throughout a lot of the five years from when you were first diagnosed with Stage 4 colorectal cancer.  

I miss you everyday.  

We talk everyday too.  And today, I think about you, as well as my two kids. 

Yesterday, my gynecologist (whom I respect and trust greatly) called to say my colposcopy indicated the biopsy showed the presence of severe precancerous cells. He recommends I now go through a cauterizing procedure to remove them.  Its not cancer. 

But I can’t help but think about you, mom.  I miss you.  There is no one I can talk to... in truth I probably wouldn’t talk to you about this either if you were here on earth.  But... maybe from where you are you see more.  Please mom, please help me get through this.  I’m scared.


Love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment